DeveloperWeek Global: Cloud 2020 HACKATHON
The DeveloperWeek Global: Cloud 2020 Hackathon is The world’s largest cloud based hackathon.
Win prizes & future DeveloperWeek Global passes.
View all the amazing hackathon challenges & prizes located below. (Coming Soon)
September 21 - 29, 2020
1. Register via Eventbrite.
2. Create a DevPost account and click Register on the DevPost DeveloperWeek Global: Cloud 2020 Hackathon page.
3. DeveloperWeek Global: Cloud 2020 Hackathon Kicks off! Check out the full DeveloperWeek Global: Cloud 2020 Hackathon schedule!
4. Review Hackathon Instruction here!
* All Hackathon Attendees must be pre-registered on Eventbrite & DevPost.
DeveloperWeek Global:Cloud 2020 Schedule
Monday, September 21, 2020
10:00 AM | Hackathon Launched (Live)
Monday, September 28, 2020
1:00 PM PT | PagerDuty Hackathon Workshop- Register to learn more about their challenge! Live Q&A!
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
4:00 PM PST | Teams must submit Final Project
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM PST | Overall judges review all teams
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM PST | Sponsors review projects submitted
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
1:30 PM - 2:00 PM PST | Overall and Sponsor Winners Annouced via DeveloperWeek Global:Cloud Main Stage
COB | Sponsors connect with with Winners on how they will receive their Prize (DeveloperWeek Global:Cloud Team can help!)
$13,000 in prizes
DeveloperWeek Global: Cloud 2020 Overall Winner
Prize: (2) Amazon Echos (Up to 5) DevNetwork Premium All-Access Passes to all 2020-2021 virtual conferences Announcement in our email to 60,000 subscribers listing your team and project Build a web or mobile app solution that solves a real-world challenge (for people or companies) in a new, innovative way. Most important factors are: Innovation, Practicality, and Progress on the application in the allotted time.
PagerDuty - Most Unique PagerDuty Use Case
(1) Winner - One Amazon US gift card for $1,000 (USD)!
For years PagerDuty has been the de facto tool for managing incidents created by software application infrastructure. There are dozens of integrations with software monitoring and logging tools. For this Hackathon, we’re looking for something new! We challenge you to come up with a unique integration with something that needs to be addressed in real-time. How about sending an alert to drivers when there’s heavy traffic or a traffic accident on the drive home? Maybe send an alert to a store manager when a certain number of customers enter the store, so an additional worker can come provide assistance? Those are some of our ideas, what ideas can you come up with? Impress us with your creativity and you will be victorious.
- Entries must be apps built from scratch (Mobile App / Consumer Web App / Business Web App) that utilize the PagerDuty API.
- Entries that are only visual mock-ups will not be considered.
- Apps need to be in a workable/testable state.
- Sharing source code is a plus (links to git repo, etc)
We will select one winner from the entries who will receive a digital Amazon US gift card for $1,000 (USD)!
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Age - 18 years and older.
Citizenship - Participants from any country are allowed to participate.
Location - Virtual
Technical Advocate, GitHub
Sr. Developer Lead, Microsoft
CEO, Second State Inc
How much progress did you make?
Does it solve a real problem?
Could this become a startup or company?